Publishing your work
Written contributions for inclusion in the society's annual journal Lookback at Andover are always welcomed by the publications committee. Outline ideas for a prospective article can be sent by way of the 'contact us' page on this website and will be given due consideration by the committee. Generally we would expect original, unpublished material with suitable reference to primary sources consulted. Approved articles can be written by either members or non-members but in either case the committee reserves the right to edit any article submitted with a view to improvement and/or to fit the magazine space available. In rare cases the committee may feel it necessary to reject material that fails to reach a publishable standard or does not suit the established remit.
- Andover's Norman Church 1080-1840: The Architecture and Development of Old St Mary, Andover, Hampshire,Martin Coppen (2015) 58pp with 20pp of illustrations, mostly colour: price £7.00, add £1.50 for p&p. The e-book version is already available from here.
- The Archaeology of Andover: Excavations by Max Dacre, edited by Dr. Nick Stoodley (2013) 114pp with 32pp of illustrations, mostly colour: £20.00. The book has also been published as an eBook for Apple devices on iTunes at only £9.99. Click here for further information.
- An Andover Miscellany Includes an index of well known 19th Century Andoverians, articles on Primitive Methodism in Andover, Andover Cottage Hospital, Layton's China Shop, and Andover in the Great War 1914 - 1918 (2008) 132pp £8.50
- A Second Andover Miscellany Includes articles on Robert Tasker, Dr G.V.Poore, Water and Sanitation in the Town, and Booksellers and Printers before 1855. (2012) 114pp £9.50
Lookback at Andover is the title of the Society's journal which has been published annually since 1990. The journals for 2000 and 2010 have cumulative indices for previous issues. Back numbers are available. Prices as follows: 1995 - 1999 £2.00 each, 2000 - 2007 £2.50 each, 2008 - 2014 £3.00 each, 2015 - 2017 £3.50, 2018 £4.50.
Note Please add £1.50 postage and packing for UK addresses: cheques payable to Andover History and Archaeology Society.
[Orders from abroad: please make your initial request through the Contact us page of this website.]
All articles in past issues of Lookback are now listed here: the list can be searched so you can find the topic of interest and order the appropriate volume.
- Elizabethan Andover Diana K Coldicott (2004) 212pp Now £5.00
- Something in the Water, The Anti- Fluoride Campaign in Andover, 1955-58 David J Borrett (2002) 104pp Now £3.00
- Andover's Wartime Years June Mary Harris (2000) 119pp £6.00
- Members of Parliament for Andover 1295-1885 R Arnold Jones (1996) 83pp £4.95 - includes a list of the 299 Andover electors in 1833.
- Andover Civil War and Interregnum Anthony Raper (1994) 85 pp £3.95
- Samuel Best and the Hampshire Labourer Alastair Geddes (1981) 64pp £1.00
- Andover Priory R Arnold Jones (1979) 24pp 0.50p
- Andover: An Historic Portrait John Spaul (1977) 160pp £5.00